My willingness to go out and exercise in the cold is still boosted from my recent visit to the Adirondacks. Yesterday morning I went out for a run despite the 25 degree temperature. I was just so excited to be able to do it. Last November I strained my Achilles tendon and I've been largely avoiding running since except for our monthly 5K's to let it heal. Now it's mostly better (I still feel it when I stretch) and I was happy to get outside for a run - something I've really missed.
I'm glad I did this yesterday rather than putting it off until today. This morning's weather (eight degrees, wind gusts to 60 MPH, plus snow and ice on the ground) is a beyond even my boosted cold weather exercise threshold.
One man's journey into the great outdoors of Washington, DC and its environs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bike Refurbishment
Would you like to read a bunch of nerdy stuff about how I've been tinkering with my bicycles? Of course you would. I have two bicycles (...
-
Let me start by saying that when I bike ride I am never a MAML. This acronym (pronounced "mammal") stands for "Middle Aged Me...
-
I have to admit that I feel guilty doing it. It's just not something that people like me do. In fact, I have spent years looking down on...
-
OK, not everyone wants to read the full five part series about my trip to Japan and Thailand. With attention spans ruined by social media,...
No comments:
Post a Comment