Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 5K

Yes, it was time for our monthly 5K. My Achilles tendon is finally feeling better; however, I was worried about my knees which were still aching from my previous day's bike ride. I put a knee brace on one knee. I didn't have a second knee brace and so I wrapped the other knee in an ace bandage, held in place with duct tape. Oh, for the days when my body was reliable and it was my car that was held together with duct tape. Thanks to years of kaizen and aging, these days things seem to be the other way around.

Today's run was right here in Arlington, at Pentagon Row. A big, fun race with a Valentine's theme and free bloody marys afterwards at Champs. Hillier than I expected. Still, duct-taped knees and all, I turned in a decent time of about thirty two minutes even. Valerie turned in a personal best, actually running part of the way!


No comments:

Grateful Dead seder

What do the Grateful Dead and the Jewish ritual of a Passover seder have in common? Nothing. Except maybe that Dead shows and Passover seder...