I came upstairs a little while ago to find my wife watching an an old Sex and the City re-run. Now, I must admit to knowing the basic story arc of the show, however I haven’t seen nearly all the episodes. But the one V was watching tonight is my new all-time favorite. Why? Because it’s the one where Harry Goldenblatt and Charlotte first hook up. The idea that an average-looking, bald Jewish guy could wind up with an uber-Shiksa like Charlotte is an inspirational fantasy for those of us who happen to be average-looking, bald Jewish guys. Not that I’m in the market for a new relationship, uber-Shiksa or otherwise. But it makes you think anything is possible.
And now, the tenuous hook to the outdoorsy theme of this blog: one positive thing about being bald; you don’t look mussed up after rolling a kayak.
One man's journey into the great outdoors of Washington, DC and its environs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bike Refurbishment
Would you like to read a bunch of nerdy stuff about how I've been tinkering with my bicycles? Of course you would. I have two bicycles (...
-
Let me start by saying that when I bike ride I am never a MAML. This acronym (pronounced "mammal") stands for "Middle Aged Me...
-
I have to admit that I feel guilty doing it. It's just not something that people like me do. In fact, I have spent years looking down on...
-
OK, not everyone wants to read the full five part series about my trip to Japan and Thailand. With attention spans ruined by social media,...
No comments:
Post a Comment