Thursday, January 16, 2014

Panic! At The Cisco

I wasn't going to do a blog for this outing except ...

1. I wanted to make note of the fact that I had indeed kayaked in January (my goal is to get out at least once every month of the year), and

2. I thought of a cool title and couldn't let it go to waste.

Wednesday night at midnight David came banging at our bedroom door. He had just come back from his first Cisco networking class and was freaked out. Intensified classes can be overwhelming - this one was a five hour session and there was a lot of material. We told him to get some sleep and that we'd talk about it the next day ... which almost derailed my kayaking plans, since that was what was on my agenda for after work on Thursday. Fortunately by the next day David was a little more relaxed and so I was able to go out paddling.

Tom and I had advertised the trip on the CPA forum as an Ice Pirates outing but only he and I showed up. Still, we had a very pleasant paddle. We had the river completely to ourselves; not even the dinner boats were out. The only surprise was that the Columbia Island parking lot was buzzing with activity, as a construction crew gathered there to begin a night-time shift working on the railroad bridge. It's usually a pretty quiet place.

No comments:

A Tale of Four Jess's

 Jesse is not all that common a name, and so unlike the Toms, Davids, and Bobs of the world I don't run into much name confusion. So it ...