Saturday, January 11, 2014

Back to the Pool

Winter kayak pool sessions have started at Lee District Rec Center. As always, the first session is as much schmoozing as rolling as kayaking friends see each other for the first time in months.

I was pleased with my rolling - not as rusty as I expected. Basic Greenland roll was quite reliable (on-side) and almost there (off-side). Bracing worked well on both sides. Successfully did a few butterfly rolls. Chest sculling has gotten a little weak.

After the pool, I went out for coffee at Grounded with Rob, Nelson, Caroline, Ian and his son, and a couple of others. A pleasant surprise - live music at the coffee house (unexpected on a Sunday morning). And then home.

No comments:

A Tale of Four Jess's

 Jesse is not all that common a name, and so unlike the Toms, Davids, and Bobs of the world I don't run into much name confusion. So it ...