Monday, December 24, 2007

Mission aborted


I was scheduled to go out kayaking with some friends - a special "Xmas Eve Eve" paddle. Unfortunately, the weather forecast turned bad. Windy (gust of up to 50 MPH!), rainy, possible thunderstorms. I showed up (I had some errands to do near the put-in anyway) to find the group hanging around trying to decide whether to hit the water. In the end, some did and some didn't. The weather turned out not to be as bad as forecast. I didn't mind having bailed out, though - in winter, with cold water conditions, I say better safe than sorry.

Plus, I didn't miss out on the social part. After the paddle (or not), everyone went back to the organizers' house for a little party. That was really nice.

No comments:

A Tale of Four Jess's

 Jesse is not all that common a name, and so unlike the Toms, Davids, and Bobs of the world I don't run into much name confusion. So it ...