Sunday, February 15, 2015

Running, Running, Running!

My willingness to go out and exercise in the cold is still boosted from my recent visit to the Adirondacks. Yesterday morning I went out for a run despite the 25 degree temperature. I was just so excited to be able to do it. Last November I strained my Achilles tendon and I've been largely avoiding running since except for our monthly 5K's to let it heal. Now it's mostly better (I still feel it when I stretch) and I was happy to get outside for a run - something I've really missed.

I'm glad I did this yesterday rather than putting it off until today. This morning's weather (eight degrees, wind gusts to 60 MPH, plus snow and ice on the ground) is a beyond even my boosted cold weather exercise threshold.

No comments:

Grateful Dead seder

What do the Grateful Dead and the Jewish ritual of a Passover seder have in common? Nothing. Except maybe that Dead shows and Passover seder...