Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Hepcats at Westover

An outdoor gig counts as an outdoor adventure, right? I had a great time sitting in with the wonderful band JC & the Hepcats last Saturday at Westover Beer Garden in Arlington. JC arrived a little late, and so for the first set we were just The Hepcats (or perhaps Jesse & the Hepcats).

I think I played well; however given the mixture of 5 Hour Energy and IPA in my system, I may not have been judging things clearly. I had never tried those 5 hour energy things before. Holy cow - I didn't even drink the whole little bottle and was buzzing for 12 hours. This was fine for the first eight hours, but the midnight to 4 AM part was a drag.

No comments:

A Tale of Four Jess's

 Jesse is not all that common a name, and so unlike the Toms, Davids, and Bobs of the world I don't run into much name confusion. So it ...