Friday, June 22, 2012

Biking Through Hyperspace to Lubber Run

Last Friday I wanted to go see Mary Ann Redmond at Lubber Run Ampitheater. Since V & T had already laid claim to our cars, I decided to bike to the show - just a few miles away. The only challenge was that I had hurt my back the night before while loading my kayak and so had to take it very slowly - still, no problem.

The really cool part was the ride home. After a very enjoyable show I headed home via the Bluemont Connector bike trail. It was pitch black except for my little LED headlight. The trees and bushes were full of fireflies. It was like biking through space, surrounded by stars.

I had to take it nice and slow, not just because of my back but because of limited visibility. Every once in a while I'd come upon someone out for a walk, or a bat would fly by. Mostly, though it was just me and the field of stars, all the way to the lighted W&OD trail and home.

No comments:

A Tale of Four Jess's

 Jesse is not all that common a name, and so unlike the Toms, Davids, and Bobs of the world I don't run into much name confusion. So it ...